Method #1 – using an emergency hose
The possibility of the described situations is provided by a number of manufacturers. For example, in the line of Samsung washing machines and Bosch appliances, there are models with an emergency hose, located near the filter of the washing machine, through which the tank filled with water can be emptied easily and simply if necessary.
This device is located next to the filter drain system. To access it, simply open the decorative hatch, located at the bottom of the front panel of the machine. It disguises and protects the nodes necessary for service maintenance.
To perform the drain:
1. remove the emergency hose from the recess provided for its stowage when not in use.
2. Place a flat container directly under the manhole or as close to it as possible.
3. Remove the plug from the edge of the hose, put it in a container, and wait until all the water from the washing tank is completely drained.
If in the period of draining anything clogs this hose, it is better to clean it carefully at once, without disconnecting from the machine.
Method #2 – Drain through the hole with a filter
This method is certainly among the most time-consuming and “dirty”. The drainage hole, to which the drain hose is connected, is located behind the decorative hatch described in the previous case. Before the hose, there is a filter inside the structure, which according to the rules of operation must be cleaned periodically.
In older models of washing machines, such as Bosch brand models, the drain hole with the filter inserted over it is quite low, and putting it under it even in a nearly flat container is quite difficult.
Suitable as a collapsible container literally a plate with low sides, but since it will be extremely quickly filled, the hole will often have to close, tightly screwing the device with a filtering grid. Then re-open and close again – it’s a long time, but the drain is full and efficient.
The algorithm of drainage with filter removal is as follows:
1. open the service cover – located at the bottom of the machine a small hatch.
2. Carefully unscrew the plastic attachment with the filter grid, driving it with the screw counterclockwise. First unscrew it just a little, about 10°. If it does not give in, help it with a screwdriver inserted into the groove on the screw.
3. Drain the water. Having loosened the tight connection in the area of the drain node with the filter, we achieve a convenient water collection stream. After filling the dish or cuvette, screw the filter screw back so that the water does not flow.
Proceed in this way until the machine is completely free of water. After completing the drainage, remove the device with the filter grid and clean it.
By the way, not cleaning the filter is a typical cause of the stoppage of the machine without completing the operations assigned by the task. If repeated frequently, it leads to overloading of the drain pump and to its almost inevitable failure.
We have appliance repair experts available today! Call a professional Poway Appliance Repair Service Center technician by phone or book your service.
Our service center is open 24/7, so you can easily schedule a convenient repair time. The specialist will arrive at the agreed time, carry out a diagnosis, and, if necessary, offer repairs. If you are willing, your appliance will be repaired directly on-site within 1-2 hours. We provide top-notch service at an affordable price!