You, as usual, started the washing, and after a while found a puddle of dirty water on the floor and the code E9, LE, LC, or LE 1 on the display of the Samsung washing machine. Sometimes the LE / E9 error appears almost immediately after you turn it on:
– A couple of seconds after starting the program;
– after a few minutes: first, the Samsung machine simultaneously pours and drains the water, and then the error LE appears.
It happens that the error occurs at the stage of washing or rinsing out of the blue, with the apparent absence of leaks.
In Samsung models without a screen, this error lights up Bio 60 ° C and cold wash, and all mode lights flash.
Codes LE, LC, E9, and LE1 mean the same thing: there is leakage or self-drainage of water from the tank in the Samsung washing machine. If the level sensor, detects a drop in water level in the drum of the machine 4 times in a row within a few minutes, the error LE, E9, etc. will light up.
In Samsung washing machines equipped with an aquastop, the leak sensor (float), which is located in the tray under the washing machine, also reacts to the leakage. If water appears in the tray, the float floats up, and the washing machine stops washing and displays this error code on the screen.
To the appearance of error, LE can lead both to serious malfunctions, for the elimination of which professional knowledge and experience are required, and trifling problems that can be corrected by your own efforts.
Possible malfunctions requiring repair
Poway Appliance Service Center specialists have performed more than 3,000 Samsung washing machine repairs. Based on this data, we created a list of the most common malfunctions that can be signaled by an LE, LE1, or E9 error.
1. The door seal is leaking because of a sharp object or jamming the door hatch
2. Drainage tube after the washer-dryers tank has been damaged by a sharp object.
3. Often this is a sign of a faulty water level sensor.
4. If the sensor “does not give signs of life” requires its replacement.
5. Often this code signals a failure of the indication unit – the control circuit of the washing machine
6. The aqua stop itself may be defective, or rather the leak sensor in the washer pallet
7. Possibly a leaky drain hose that drains water from the washing machine
8. The cause is often in the wiring