The error code E50 most often appears after turning on the washing machine: the machine gets water but does not spin the drum. Less often E50 lights up in the following situations:
– the machine, after starting, spins the drum a little, and only in one direction, and then goes into error;
– The washing machine immediately after switching on gathers more speed, then stops and gives out E50;
The Electrolux normally does the washing, but cannot spin up, after which the error code appears.
The code E50 means that the Electrolux washing machine has a problem with the circuit of the motor. In the diagnostic mode, this error class is displayed with the codes E51- E59, and E5A-E5F.
Error E50 – when you can fix it yourself
1. Incorrect mains voltage. If it is lower than 175V or higher than 430V, this error code will light up. It is necessary to measure voltage and if it is really unstable, contact the power supply company or install a voltage relay.
2. One-time failure of the control module. Probably the control unit “hangs” and needs to be reset. It is necessary to disconnect the Electrolux washing machine from the mains for 10-15 minutes and then turn it back on.
If these tips did not help to fix the error, then there was a breakdown, and repairs are required.
Probable faults that require repair
The E50 errors in Electrolux machines are caused by the following malfunctions.
1. The motor triac on the control board.
Most likely a short circuit has occurred and the triac has failed.
2. The reversing relay in the control unit.
It probably jammed, that’s why the machine rotates the drum only in one direction and then shows an error code.
3. Other items on board in the motor circuit.
Tracks, contacts, or radio elements in motor circuits burned or rotted.
4. motor brushes
Motor brushes wear out during operation, as a consequence, the motor cannot produce enough power. In the initial degree of wear, the washing machine rotates the drum when washing, but does not gain speed in the spin. If the length of the brushes is less than 1 cm, the drum does not rotate at all.
Over time, the packing loses its tightness, water gets into the bearings and they deteriorate.
Controls drum speed. If there is no signal from it to the electronic controller, the drum does not rotate. Perhaps the tacho generator housing is loose, so the tacho generator coil has slipped out of its seat. Or the tacho generator has failed completely.
Possibly an inter-turn short circuit in the motor or breakage of the windings.
8. Damaged wiring or contacts in the motor circuit.
Wires are frayed because the washer-dryer vibrates while operating. Contacts are burned or rotten. In private households, it is not uncommon for rats or mice to chew through the wiring.
Is your Electrolux washing machine flashing error E50? No problem! Poway Appliance Repair Service Center is here to help. We work 24/7, our masters will come at a time convenient for you. Call us or book now.