Dryers are a relatively new type of home appliance that is rapidly gaining popularity. Despite a certain novelty of the device itself, dozens of dryer models from world-famous brands such as Bosch, Siemens, Indesit, and Electrolux are already on the market today. But no matter how high-quality and reliable such a device is, it is not immune from breakdowns. In such cases, dryer repair San Diego will be required.
The Main Reasons for the Breakdown of Dryers
Experts identify several factors due to which the dryer may fail:
- Violation of the operation rules. Firstly, people often overload the device with clothes. The characteristics of dryers always indicate the maximum load for cotton items. Jeans, wool, and synthetics weigh more, so the load limit must be reduced (by 2-3 kg). If you do not take this nuance into account, you will systematically overload the motor, drive belt, or drum rollers, due to which these components will fail. Also, clothes that are too wet (in which there is an excess of moisture) should not be placed in dryers. They are heavier (and here we return to the first point). In addition, the machine will dry such things for too long, and this is fraught with overheating of the motor, heating element, or even the drum.
- Careless operation. This moment is very similar to the previous one but has its own subtleties. In this case, we are talking about sudden slamming of the door (the latch mechanism may break) and strong pressing of the buttons (the sensor or gasket of the physical button may fail). It is also extremely important to carefully insert the clothes into the drum. If you throw everything at once, your wardrobe items can get tangled. If a lump forms in the drum, the load will be uneven. This will lead to imbalance and rapid wear of the belt, as well as the rollers.
- Bad care. Any (even the most expensive) dryer requires periodic maintenance. In condensing models, it is imperative to clean the moisture collection container. It is also necessary to periodically clean the fluff filter. If the device includes an outlet hose, it must also be periodically disconnected and flushed. Otherwise, your dryer will be clogged with structural elements, which will cause malfunctions.
- Wear of mechanisms. Usually, this reason affects the outlet elements of the dryer: a hose for draining condensate, and a pump for pumping out moisture. Also, over time, some parts of the motor may fail.
- Manufacturing defects. The dryer can be delivered to you with a variety of defects: the door does not close well, one of the sensors does not work, and one or more controls do not respond to commands. In order to avoid such troubles, it is better to buy high-quality models from manufacturers with a good reputation (we indicated them at the beginning of the review). In addition, when buying, you must be given a guarantee.
But if your dryer is broken, do not delay the repair. Call Poway Appliance Service Center specialist who will make professional diagnostics, identify the malfunction, determine its causes, and make high-quality dryer repair San Diego.