A refrigerator, like any technique, is a complex device consisting of many working units, parts, and electronic components (modules, boards). The scheme is based on the interaction of each element with the others. Failure of one mechanism leads to a violation or complete absence of the functionality of the unit as a whole.
The main components that you should pay attention to when the question arises why the refrigerator does not cool are:
1. The motor that is responsible for rotating the fan blades. An independent unit that ensures the operation of the cooler. The blades at the moment of rotation create a discharge that draws the gas. Warm air from the refrigerator enters the chamber. The field under pressure is redirected by the fan through the gaps between the evaporator tubes and cooled, leaving moisture in the form of condensate on the radiator tubes. Circulation is carried out by reverse-blowing gas through the chamber slots. In case of burnout, the unit is completely replaced.
2. Motor, which is responsible for cooling the refrigerating chamber. Signs of malfunction are – the appearance of oily liquid (condensation) under the housing. Possible causes are overheating (the protection system is triggered), decompression and others. This unit is subject to repair, but often completely replaced.
3. Refrigerant leakage. Often caused by a rupture of the tube coming from the compressor and connecting it to the evaporator. The most common cause is the movement of the unit. It is eliminated by soldering, after which the refrigerant is filled to the required level.
4. Violation of the evaporator integrity. As a rule, it is provoked by mechanical damage, especially with a careless attitude on the part of the user (rough cleaning or churning ice).
5. Evaporator sensor. In case of malfunction, the compressor does not start, which leads to an increase in the temperature inside the refrigerator.
6. Temperature regulator. The compressor does not reach the set operating mode, which also prevents the cooling of the internal spaces.
7. Capillary system and filter-drier. In case of blockage and clogging of elements, the circulation of the working medium is disturbed.
It should be noted that in many cases, the elimination of breakdowns requires full or partial replacement of the refrigerant.
The main recommendation when detecting any malfunction is to contact the relevant specialists. This will ensure your safety for you and prevent more serious consequences from self-repair (lack of qualifications, equipment, and tools). Experienced craftsmen will find the best ways to solve problems and eliminate the risks of recurrence.
We have appliance repair experts available today! Call a professional Poway Appliance Repair Service Center technician by phone or book your service.
Our service center is open 24/7, so you can easily schedule a convenient repair time. The specialist will arrive at the agreed time, carry out a diagnosis, and, if necessary, offer repairs. If you are willing, your appliance will be repaired directly on-site within 1-2 hours. We provide top-notch service at an affordable price!