Have you noticed that your refrigerator has become loud? It is important to know that this is not normal. Its noise should not change in normal working order from new to actual. Still, it makes quite a few noises when it’s running, each one characteristic of a different component. And in them, it is worth learning to identify problematic ones, so that corrective measures can be taken in time. For example, a knock or other noise from the refrigerator compressor can suddenly appear. It can knock for the simple reason that the rubber shock-absorbing rings have worn out. It is necessary to replace them.
Violated installation rules
Before claiming the poor quality of a new recently purchased refrigerator, you need to make sure that you yourself did not violate the installation instructions. The fact is that in this technique, the curvature of the surface has an important role. It should be flat, for which the devices are equipped with adjustable legs. Answering the question of why a new refrigerator is noisy, first, it is worth opening the instruction manual for the operation and installation. It clearly spells out the conditions for placing the equipment:
The problem is that many citizens have some inconveniences in terms of space planning in the kitchen. Because of this, there is a need to put appliances in complete contradiction to the instructions. In this case, the refrigerator begins to work noisily for the following reasons:
- The compressor hits the walls, furniture, or pipes during operation. As a result of this process, a characteristic rattling sound is created. Its magnitude and tonality depend on how tightly it is pressed against an object or element of the structure. To solve the problem it is enough to move it back some proper distance.
- Runs longer than it should, which often causes the sound of refrigerant circulating. It often turns out to be connected with a loosely closed door or placing the equipment near the heating devices. The cause of the noise is the rapid evaporation of moisture and the heating of the compressor.
Also, the shipping screws can be the cause of the hum of the new refrigerator because of the incorrect installation. They fasten the fan and compressor to the rigid frame of the equipment. If they are not unscrewed, the normal vibration of the motors is transmitted to the body, due to which the whole frame vibrates. Considering that the appliances are made of sheets of steel, the sound is amplified.
In any case, the refrigerator must be installed strictly according to the instructions, otherwise, the unit can make not only loud noises. It will soon fail.
Insufficient air supply
There are also situations when the refrigerator fan is noisy. It is an asynchronous motor equipped with an impeller. Accordingly, it has all the sounds characteristic of the operation of such a device, which during operation can:
- Beeping, which indicates that there is an overload on its shaft. It can occur for several reasons, and one of them is insufficient airflow. It is difficult for the impeller to force air through the blocked air inlets. You can eliminate the cause by checking that your refrigerator is properly positioned. The ventilation openings should be clear.
- The motor has overheated and a short circuit has occurred in the windings, due to which it does not develop power, but consumes more energy. Its humming is accompanied by heating, which can lead to a +64\’;-l rapid breakdown.
- The fan runs very often, because the compressor overheats, which is also accompanied by an increase in temperature in the windings. The grease used in the bearings becomes excessively fluid due to the high heat of the fan, so it does not provide proper slip. Goods are caused by metal friction without lubrication.
We have appliance repair experts available today! Call a professional Poway Appliance Service Center technician by phone or book your service.
Our service center is open 24/7, so you can easily schedule a convenient repair time. The specialist will arrive at the agreed time, carry out a diagnosis, and, if necessary, offer repairs. If you are willing, your appliance will be repaired directly on-site within 1-2 hours. We provide top-notch service at an affordable price!