Sharp Range Repair
Gas ranges attract consumers by their convenience of use and cheapness of fuel. However, it should not be forgotten that when operating such a device, it is necessary to observe certain safety rules. You should not turn on the gas if the gas range does not work well, otherwise it will lead to dire consequences. If a breakdown is detected, you should contact Poway Appliance Service Center. The experts perform Sharp Range Repair in Poway, CA.
Possible gas range malfunctions and how to fix them
Gas odor from the gas range
If you smell gas coming from the burners during or after cooking, it is most likely caused by improper flame adjustment. Also the cause of gas leakage can be:
- A broken nozzle mounting point.
- Faulty connection between the tap tube and the nozzle.
- Damage to the joint between the tube and the nozzle body.
It is not recommended to repair the gas range yourself if a fault is detected. Shut off the blue fuel supply to the range and contact Sharp Range Repair and Service.
The burner on the gas range does not light
The burner on a gas range can fail to light for a number of reasons:
- The simplest cause, which is quite possible to fix on your own, is a clogged burner nozzle. It could be clogged with food crumbs or grease from a dish that has “escaped” to the stove. In order for the burner to start functioning again it is necessary to clean the nozzle, for this purpose remove the splitter and using a fine wire or needle, clean the nozzle hole. If you are unable to fix the breakage yourself, you can contact a Sharp Range Repair.
- The burner spark plug insulation is cracked or broken. To eliminate this fault of the gas range, you need to replace the damaged part. Original replacement parts are always available at Sharp Range Repair and Service.
- A faulty solenoid valve also affects burner ignition. Contact a technician who will replace the faulty part.
- Thermocouple burnout. With such a breakdown, you should contact a specialist to replace the faulty element.
- If the gas range is equipped with an automatic electric ignition, it is recommended to check the correctness of the socket in which the appliance is switched on.
Gas range burner goes out during operation
If the burner goes out by itself during cooking, even though it is clearly not a draught, you should pay attention to the way the gas burns before it goes out. This problem can be corrected by Sharp Range Repair.
Gas burns unevenly on all burners
In this situation, the first thing to check is the connection hose, see if it is crushed, if so, simply straighten the hose and the supply of blue fuel will be normalized.
The burner burns unevenly
If you notice that the gas burns, but does not completely envelop the burner, you should clean the burner itself. To do this, remove the burner and use a stiff brush to wash it with warm, soapy water. To clean the part thoroughly, you can soak it beforehand. Sharp Range Repair and Service repair technicians will fix this breakdown.
Black bottom of pans after cooking
Have you found that after cooking on a gas range, the bottom of your pots are covered in soot? It means that the gas range is smoking – you can check this by watching the gas burning. If the flame when burning is yellow or orange in color, rather than the usual blue, it will stain the dishes and, in addition, give off an unpleasant smell.
This behavior of the gas range can indicate such problems:
- A clogged nozzle (jaculator). It needs to be cleaned
- Burner contaminated with grease and soot. The burner should be removed, thoroughly washed and reinstalled.
- Deformed gas burner. This happens very rarely, but nevertheless the splitter can be mechanically damaged, in this situation it will be necessary to replace the element with a new one.
- Adjustments of the reducer of the fuel supply to the device are broken. In this case, it is necessary to adjust the gas supply to the stove, for this it is better to contact a master Sharp Range Repair.
It should be noted that independent repair of the gas range can be carried out only when you are absolutely sure that it is safe. For example: you can clean the burners and knobs yourself, identify a leak on the hose and seal it, and clean the nozzles. In other situations, you should call a trusted Poway Appliance Service Center company. Many of the problems can be fixed by Sharp Range Repair and Service, but there are times when the unit is completely unusable if customers don’t call in time to fix the problem.
Result of decisions made
Our specialist carries out repairs, works carefully in the process, so as not to leave behind any traces of equipment repairs, and not to spoil the appearance. After the repair is completed, our company will back it up with a 90-day labor warranty. If you encounter the same problem during the warranty period, rest assured we will return to get an appliance back up to perfectly working condition.